Health Information Professions (HIP) Career Pathways Initiative at Temple University is funded by the Administration for Children and Families of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (ACF DHHS); Temple University — Center for Social Policy and Community Development’s Health Information Professions (HIP) Career Pathways initiative offers individuals five tiers of education and training opportunities — from entry level and advanced certification programs to College degree programs.
HIP Training Options
A Career Pathway Initiative with the following offerings:
- Tier 1- Medical Office and Accounts/ Electronic Health Records, Certifications: Coding Specialist and Administrative Health Assistant and Digital Personal Record
- Tier 2- Coding Specialist - CCS AHIMA
- Tier 3- Associate Degree level programs
- Tier 4- BS-HIM Temple University
- Tier 5- MS- Health Informatics - Temple
HIP’s student centered approach also provides comprehensive support services to facilitate the students career success.
HIP Employer Services and Benefits
- HIP also provides services to employers that many have found useful and cost saving, including the follow-ing:
- HIP operates as a free placement service with pre-screened and qualified candidates
- HIP’s Career Placement Coordinators work closely with employers to identify and match employers with successful HIP candidates
- Tiered placement services for career opportunities at entry- level to advanced
- Employment retention support for new hires and employers
It’s been estimated that it cost employers a mini-mum of $4700 to hire and train a new employee, this is why many employers find the HIP/Employer collaboration to be a sound investment of their time and effort.
Following successful completion of a training or educational offering many HIP students are en-gaged in an intern-ship experience; Employers especially appreciate this component of HIP education and training options because intern-ships:
- Are free of cost to employers
- Allow them to observe and assess the intern in the workplace
- Enable them to preview potential hires
As a result many students are subsequently hired at the intern site having demonstrated the required competencies for the position.
HIP is a Career Pathways Initiative, which means that there are opportunities for the HIP candidates that you’ve hired –or existing employees- to continued education along the 5 tiered educational pathway. Your incumbent employees can also take advantage of HIP education and training opportunities provided they meet the eligibility criteria.
Join HIP, be an Employer Partner
- HIP Job Candidates
- Pre-screened work - ready job candidates
- Comprehensive follow-up services on all placements for job retention
- Internships at your company
- Opportunities for networking and collaborating with Temple University Professionals